The Liberal Democrats have attacked the Government for failing to hit their own target for the national living wage. When then Chancellor George Osborne introduced the “national living wage”, he said he expected it to be worth £9.30 an hour by 2020. Now the Office of Budget Responsibility (OBR) has revised down its forecast. The level is expected to be £9. This is because the National Living Wage is 60% of media pay and wage levels are now expected to rise at a slower pace following Brexit.
Barry is a Liberal Democrat activist and candidate in Derby. Find out more here.
- Lib Dems declare victory on Upskirting
- Lib Dems plan £6bn boost for the NHS
- Standing up for our schools
- Barry Holliday disgusted by rebel Tory for pointlessly sabotaging ‘upskirting’ Bill
- Barry Holliday comments: ‘serious allegations’ against Vote Leave campaign threaten ‘foundations of our democracy’